Friday, February 10, 2012

Food Allergies:(

So we found out at G's one year checkup that she has food allergies to eggs and peanuts and also cats and dogs. The egg and peanut ones can be serious allergies, but we are hoping she outgrows her, which a lot of kids do. It's a little scary because we have to keep an Epipen around at all times now, incase she does eat something she is not supposed to and has a really bad reaction. I am thankful that she doesnt have wheat or dairy allergies, at least the peanut and eggs are a bit easier to control....except have you ever noticed how many things have eggs in them? a lot! So now I am reading the ingredients on everything I buy....which is a good habit to get into anyways I guess. We also just bought an air purifier, hoping that will decrease the amount of cat and dog dander in the house.

I tried my first egg free recipe this morning and it is very yummy! G loves it too, so that is a double bonus.....I'll post it on here later. They are egg and dairy free blueberry and banana muffins.

1 comment:

  1. that sucks ;( do they think she would react that way to all eggs or would fresh farm eggs be better?

    ReplyDelete