Sunday, November 6, 2011

Meals on a Budget

I love it when you find a delicious meal that feeds lots of people and that fits your budget as well.....We started really budgeting several months ago and so far it is working out pretty well! The only part that is really tough to keep within the budget is groceries and eating out. My parents watched G last night so that we could hang out with some friends. We were trying to think of "budget friendly" things we could do for a date night.....and decided that a movie, dinner, etc would end up being a little more than we should be spending. We ended up deciding that I would make dinner and we would take it to their house to hang out and watch a movie over there.

This is what I made....


Courtesy of Pioneer Woman
We had PW's Sour Cream Enchiladas ( if you haven't heard of the Pioneer Woman, then you need to check our her website...and I just plain feel sorry for you!), which are so creamy and delicious with under 10 ingredients. I highly recommend these! Her meat enchiladas are to die for as well!

So I made the enchiladas and we had those along with lime & chili refried beans, chips & fresh salsa. This fed 8 people(made  a pan of them for my parents and sister as well) with leftovers for under $30 (thanks to Fred Meyers)! Definately a lot cheaper than dinner and a movie for two!

Our friends made dessert, grilled peaches with ice cream, which were easy and equally delicious!

I'm going to try to post at least one budget-friendly meal a week on here, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea...you posting a budget friendly meal each week! Also, I havent had those enchiladas yet. You made me the meat one and they were yummy. I will have to give these ones a try. Way to go on sticking with a budget! It isn't always easy so I feel so proud of people when they do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice work :) for some reason I have a hard time eating enchiladas unless they have very minimal toppings on them...weird I know :)

    ReplyDelete